Thursday, November 18, 2010

1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber

I love love love Debbie Macomber's books. The first I ever read was 16 Lighthouse Road.. the first book in the Cedar Cove series.  At the time, Macomber had written books 1 - 7.  I devoured them all in a row and then had to wait!  She writes 1 book a year for this series. It is delightful and torturous!  I am soo excited when I see the next book out, but I hesitate to read it once I have it. I know that all to quickly I will be done and have to leave Cedar Cove for another year.  Like so many other fictional towns (Lumby, Mitford, Mayberry.....) I feel as if I live in Cedar Cove.  I know the residents so well and truly care about their comings and goings.

1022 Evergreen Place is a cute little house that has been converted to a duplex. Mack McAfee lives in one half, while Mary Jo Wyse and her infant daughter, Noelle, live in the other half.  There is no doubt of the attraction between the two, but each has been through so much in the past year.. together and individually.  Both are a bit hesitant to take their relationship to another level for fear they might spoil a good thing.

Enter a romance from long ago. Mary Jo has discovered some letters hidden in her side of the duplex.... love letters from World War II.  She and Mack decide to discover all they can about the writer and receiver. Through their digging they discover that life is too short and love to precious to worry about the "what ifs."

No comments: