Sunday, November 28, 2010

SAHM I Am by Meredith Efken

SAHM (Stay-at-Home-Mom) I am is a fictional email group much like many groups found at Yahoogroups and Google and other list servers.  When I first opened this book I had my doubts. It is made up entirely of emails from this group, as well as personal emails between group members.  I wasn't sure I would enjoy a book full of emails. But wow... once I started reading I was hooked!  I have been on email lists and still have one of my own for wives and moms, as well as belonging to a small close knit quilting group, so though the names were different, these women seemed like old friends.

Throughout the book, the reader gets a look into the lives and minds of women from various walks of life, various seasons and backgrounds. We have women with many children... women with few... women dealing with infertility and those with unexpected pregnancies... financial struggles.. parenting difficulties... emotional, physical, and spiritual difficulties and so much more.  And you can relate to them... if you are a wife and/or a mom you will definitely relate!  You have either been through some of the very things they are dealing with or know someone who has.

This is a very real look at real life via the cyber world. Truly a delight to read!

No comments: