Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan

Morgan is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. A dear friend told me about this book and I kept thinking "Hmmm.. that name is familiar."  Well it should be!  One of my absolute favorite devotional types books is He Shall Be Called (based on the names of Jesus) and the author is Robert J. Morgan.  I also have a devotional that my husband and I gave his mother years ago entitled Then Sings My Soul which Morgan also wrote. Each devotional thought looks at a classic hymn.

The Red Sea Rules has 2 subtitles... 10 God Given Strategies for Difficult Times and The Same God Who Led You in Will Lead You Out.

Morgan looks at Exodus chapter 14 and gleans from it truths that most of us miss when reading. We see a story... we look at the action... but rarely do we look at the events and wonder what can I learn from this.  Morgan shows us just that.  Moses and the children of Israel were caught between the Egyptian army and the Red Sea... trapped.. overwhelmed... we have all been there! But God delivered them and He will deliver us too.

The Red Sea Rules shows the reader how to see God in the midst of turmoil.  How to trust Him and let Him guide you.  Morgan has ten strategies based on the Israelites' situation that will teach you to move from fear to faith.

An excellent read whether you are in the midst of a Red Sea moment or on the other side.  A reminder that God is in control and that "the God who led you in will lead you out."

(I stated at the beginning that Morgan was quickly becoming a favorite author. I am currently reading his book The Promise based on Romans 8:28.  A review will be coming soon.)

No comments: