Monday, June 23, 2008

Found in Flora by Phil Hardwick


This book probably won't appeal to anyone who has never lived in Mississippi or at least has a personal knowledge of the state. But for this Mississippi. it was a fun read. This is book 1 in Hardwick's (a local business leader) Mississippi Series which consists of 10 novellas.


Quick and easy to read, the mystery in Found in Flora really isn't all that mysterious. What was fun, for me, about the book was reading about a place I know fairly well. I was able to fully envision the places mentioned and the characters. But Hardwick has done his research and added information about various sites and circumstances from our state's history that I didn't know. I enjoyed learning those tidbits.


I have no doubt I will read the other 9 books. They will be fun Summer reading.

No comments: