Monday, June 23, 2008

Victory Club by Robin Lee Hatcher


I have been meaning to read this book for a while, so when I came across it on the shelf at the library last week I added it to the large pile growing in my arms.


What a great read! I haven't read a lot of fiction set during WW2, so that intrigued me. The central characters of this book are 4 women who form a bond of friendship that sees them through all the ups and downs of life.


It's 1943 and while there is a war raging around the world, folks at home are dealing with their own personal wars. Loved ones overseas.... financial strains... loneliness... temptation. 4 friends start the Victory Club to reach out and help others... believing it will help them not miss their loved ones so much. What they find is the Club helps them as much as it helps others.


No comments: