Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Past Suspicion by Therese Heckenkamp

I can honestly say I doubt I would have picked this book up much less bought it had I seen it in a bookstore. The cover is not appealing to me and the back of the book summary did not grab me. So how did I end up with it? It was a freebie offered by Amazon for Kindle. I discover so many great books and new authors this way!   And this was a good book! Definitely a case of not judging a book by its cover.

Robin Finley is just shy of 18 when her mother dies leaving her a legacy of secrets and fear.  Robin is uprooted from her California home and sent to live with an uncle she never new she had in a small town she never knew existed. While there, Robin discovers her mother was much different in her growing up years than as an adult.. carefree, adventurous, full of life.  That is until the accident.

Robin finds herself drawn into her mother's past and the mystery that surrounds the events that forever changed her life. And in searching out answers, Robin finds danger in a place she never suspected.

Reads a great deal like a Victoria Holt or Phyllis Whitney mystery.

No comments: