Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan

Crystal Clark in alone in the world except for her Aunt Kate, so in June 1892 Crystal leaves all she knows in Georgia and travels to Colorado to visit her Aunt and decide where life will take her from there.  She never expects to fall in love with the land or the people, so different from her beloved South, but she does.  Crystal finds a solace there... and a purpose for her life.  She also finds love... not just romantic love, but friends and family and a deepened awareness of the love God has for her.

I love Crystal.. maybe because like her I am a feisty Southern Belle. We both enjoy being pampered, but not being ignored or treated like we don't have a brain.  Crystal may look like a soft withering gardenia, but she is a steel magnolia through and through.

This is the first book I have read by Brendan. It was a free book offer at Amazon for the Kindle.  I am glad I grabbed it when I could. Looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

No comments: