Thursday, August 14, 2008

Newcomer in New Albany by Phil Hardwick


Yet another Mississippi Mystery... and this one was better than the last one I read. I don't know the town of New Albany that well. I went to college about an hour from it, but never venture north for a visit. So nothing was familiar to me and yet I enjoyed reading about this small Mississippi town. I also enjoyed the mystery which seemed so realistic to me! It was very soap opera-like, but something I could see happening here! Big city radio talk show DJ, Jill Polaris moves home to small town Mississippi for a change of pace... or so she says. After raising some hot topics on her radio show, Ms. Polaris disappears...leaving no hint as to where she might be. Jack Boulder is called in to investigate and as he discovers not what happened to Ms. Polaris, he unearths secrets folks prefer to leave buried. A fun easy read.

No comments: