Monday, September 15, 2008

Satisfy My Thirsty Soul - Linda Dillow


Most of my reviews are for fiction... specifically Christian Fiction. Reading, for me, is an escape... it is how I relaxed and get away from the craziness of the world. But I do enjoy non-fiction also. Satisfy My Thirsty Soul is the 3rd book I have worked through by Dillow. I loved Calm My Anxious Heart and Creative Counterpart and recommend them both.


Satisfy focuses on moving into a more intimate relationship with God through a life of worship. Not just worship, as in singing, but worship as in fully surrendering your life and focuses on WHO God is. You are challenged to spend time in personal worship daily and Dillow includes practical ways to do that, as well as suggests various scriptures. There is also a wonderful chapter on stillness... quieting your soul before the Lord.


This book contains an optional 12 week Bible study in the back. I strongly suggest doing that work as you read. It takes you deeper into Scripture and into yourself. There is also a companion journal. I purchased it. Nothing wrong with it, but not really worth purchasing. Any journal or notebook will do if you want to journal as she suggests.


If you are looking for something to waken you a bit and push you towards a closer walk with the Lord, this book may very well be what you are looking for.

2 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

I'm not much of a non-fiction reader, but this book sounds interesting. I'll keep it in mind. I started Heaven by Randy Alcorn months ago, but have yet to finish it since I can't read a non-fiction book straight through since I'm a fiction gal! I read non-fiction in bits and pieces, usually never finishing the book!

BarbC said...

I have Heaven and have read bits and pieces of it. It is not really a read straight through book.. in my opinion.

Most of the non-fiction I read I use in my personal Bible study / Quiet time. It usually takes me a while to finish, because I don't always feel lead to work on it every day... some days I go only to the Word!

Barb