Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Beauty to Die For: A Spa Mystery by Kim Alexis and Mindy Starns Clark

Clark's Million Dollar Mysteries is one of my favorite mysteries series.. and I thoroughly enjoyed her Smart Chicks Mysteries, so as soon as I saw her name on this book I snatched it up!  Then I realized I knew the other author.. Kim Alexis.. she was once a super model... which totally fits since this new series is set in the world of beauty and glamor.

Juliette Taylor was a supermodel.. but she walked away from it all while on top to start a new career creating her own line of beauty products for spas and salons.  She and her partner head to a glamorous spa for a weekend pampering Christian women who give more of themselves than to themselves.

But as in all good mysteries there's a surprise (or two) along the way... former rival in the modeling world, an old flame and a dead body to start.. and Juliette's product may be the murder weapon.

Determined to clear her name and stop a killer, Juliette takes matters in her own hand and places herself in harms way.

This is a lovely cozy mystery.  I did have an inkling of whodunit but not until late into the book.. and the why took a bit longer to figure out.  There is plenty of intrigue and twists to keep the reader happy with a splash of romance tossed in for good measure.

Looking forward to book 2 in the series.

No comments: