Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Glory of Green by Judy Christie

Book 3 in the Green series.. which I love! The Green series revolves around a small town newspaper in Louisiana owned by a young woman named Lois.  I have always loved to write and started my college career as a Journalism major (change to English Lit later). I am a Southern girl. So the combo of a newspaper and Louisiana greatly appeals to me.  Hence, I love this series.... which is very well developed and written.

The problem with review books in a series comes in not giving the surprises away.  So I can safely say this book continues to entertain the reader with tales of the quirky folks in Green, LA and yes, Lois has a crisis of faith.  I will share more below but take this as a spoiler alert... there will be surprises revealed.. so stop here if you want!




*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Lois and Chris are merging households, preparing for their wedding.. which is the social event of the year in Green.. and in the midst of it all they are thrown a tornado, a never-ending collection of catfish (ceramic, stuffed, woven etc.), a homelessness, and grace beyond compare.

You will not be disappointed in The Glory of Green.

No comments: