Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Perfect Match by Janice Hanna

I discovered Hanna's books a little while ago.  In fact, this one caught my eye first.. that cute little dachshund on the cover did it for me.. I am a diehard dachshund lover. But when then I found that this is not the first book in a series of stories, so I found the first one and read it and reviewed it here: http://bookaholicconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/02/wedding-caper-by-janice-thompson.html

You'll notice that author is listed as Janice Thompson on book 1.  I know that on her site she is Janice Hanna Thompson... so Janice Thompson of book 1 and Janice Hanna of book 2 are one in the same.

This is a cozy mystery -- lots of fun and laughter mixed in with a bit of intrigue.  The Perfect Match is has gone up in flames literally and the police suspect arson, but who would want to torch a harmless dating service? Annie Peterson is intrigued and decides to do a bit of sleuthing, afterall she solved the last big crime in her fair town didn't she?

In an act of Christian charity or insanity, Annie takes in the owner (a financially strapped cranky widow with a far from friendly cat)... much to her husband and dogs dismay.  The mixture of all these personalities is priceless!  Fun to read about but not something I would want to experience in person!

Annie and her cohorts set out to find the fire bug before another fire ignites or Annie's family revolts!




No comments: