Saturday, May 15, 2010

Georgia on Her Mind by Rachel Hauck

Recently, my local library has close and a new amazing one has been opened!  We have gone from an old 6000 square ft. building (where books were ruined due to mildew) to a phenomenal 25,000 square feet oasis!  Stone.. natural elements... in a wooded setting with a large pond... glass walls that provide amazing views.. it truly is a wonder!  And best of all the new library is within walking distance of my home!

My husband and I were there for the Dedication and Grand Opening, but there wasn't time to wander the stacks and browse through the books.  So I went back last week to do just that. I brought home 3 novels to read... one of them was Georgia on Her Mind by Rachel Hauck. I had never see or heard of it. The cover caught my eye ... it just looked like a fun book.. and it was!  This was one of the "funnest" reads I've enjoyed in a long time.

Macy Moore has it all... a great guy... a great career... great clothes and stuff... life is .. well, great! And then it all starts to fall apart... a demotion...  a break-up... and to top it off a class reunion looming. What's a girl to do!?

This is Chick Lit at its best... faith mixed with a lot of laughter. .... a perfect book anytime, but with summer coming I have to say this would be a great beach / poolside read.

No comments: