Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Murder on the Rocks by Karen MacInerney

This is book 1 of the Gray Whale Inn Series.

This book popped up on a list of Kindle Freebies from Amazon a few weeks ago. I had never heard of the author or the series, but something about it caught my attention.. and I am thankful for whatever it was!  I loved this cozy mystery.

I am a sucker for cozy mysteries... whether book, television or movie versions!  I just love them. And this one was a great read and satisfied my need for a bit of intrigue.

Natalie Barnes has risked everything to purchase the Gray Whale Inn on Cranberry Island in Maine. (OK just the name of the Inn and the Island makes me smile!)  Now a huge resort is trying to build next door and turn her life into a parking lot.. literally!  Natalie and friends have formed a group to proclaim the land in question a refuge and nature breeding grounds for Terns.. in their quest to keep Cranberry Island from becoming another commercialized tourist spot.

So when Bernard Katz, the resort developer, is found dead... by Natalie... it is no wonder the local authorities think "she done it!"  But Natalie didn't do it!  Someone is doing a bang up (literally) job of framing her and stirring popular opinion (a.k.a. gossipping women) against her.

Natalie sets out to prove her innocence, catch a killer and hopefully save her Inn.

Again, a very good cozy read.  3 more books to date in the series. They have been added to my every growing and never ending to-read list!

No comments: