Thursday, July 15, 2010

Higher Hope by Robert Whitlow

Book 2 of the Voices of Truth series and I was not disappointed at all!  I loved the first book! Deeper Water Review  I feared the second book wouldn't be as good. I had no need to fear!  And now I feel confident book 3, which I received from the library today, will be great too!


I have to confess that I love pretty much anything to do with law and legal stuff like trials etc.  I am a certified paralegal... minored in Criminal Justice... toyed around with being a lawyer... am a nut for murder mysteries and legal thrillers in book, movie or television show form!


Higher Hope continues the story of summer law intern Tami Taylor. Tami comes from a very conservative rural Georgia background and has been tossed into mainstream Savannah head first.  Her convictions cause a bit of warring within.  I love that she does falter and struggle (as we all do) and there are times when she is able to stand firm (as we all should).  Whitlow, while providing a wonderful legal tale leaving out no necessary detail, paints a very realistic picture of the struggle between the Spirit and the Natural Man.

In Higher Hope, Tami is drawn into a case that hits a bit close to home... too close. An outspoken charismatic preacher has been accused of slander and libel and the firm has been hired to prosecute her. Tami prayerfully searches for the truth and finds more than she bargained for.

Again, a wonderful book!  Looking forward to book 3 in this series...  Greater Love.

No comments: