Wednesday, March 26, 2008

74 Seaside Avenue - Debbi Macomber

As you know, if you read my blog, I love Macomber's books. I mainly read Christian Fiction, but there are a few secular authors I love. Debbie is one of them.

74 Seaside Avenue is the latest in her Cedar Cove Series (a great series... you must read them in order!). I have noticed that Macomber has been adding a bit of mystery and intrigue to her books lately. Not a huge amount... these are not novels of intrigue, but enough to add a bit of "umph" to her already great stories.
In this latest volume, we find Teri Polgar living a life beyond her dreams with husband, Bobby. But danger lurks behind the shadows and it is effecting not only their individual lives, but there marriage. A dear character is diagnosed with cancer, Will Jefferson moves to town with less than honorable intentions, Linnette McAffee leaves town after being jilted... and that is just for starters!
Things are hopping in Cedar Cove... some change is for the better... other changes are inevitable, whether we like them or not.
As always I was thoroughly entertained... felt like I took a trip to visit some old friends... and I am looking forward to the next book in the series, which is due out later this year!

No comments: