Monday, November 26, 2007

Finished The Lights of Lowell Series


I finished up the Lights of Lowell series by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller. Book 2 is A Love Woven True. Book 3 is The Pattern of Her Heart. I enjoyed this series for the most part. I cannot say I enjoyed the last book. It focused greatly on the South prior to the Civil War. While I have no doubt slavery was wrong and evil, I do not think everyone in the South was mean or hateful as I feel was portrayed in this book.




I also think the last book really pushes the limit of reality a bit. There are a number of tragedies in this book and the way things work out in the end is a bit unrealistic and too much like a fairytale to me. I like happy endings.. I even like fairytales, but this series is to be historic. When I read historic fiction, I expect a bit more realism.




Barb




No comments: