Friday, October 7, 2011

the big 5-Oh! by Sandra D. Bricker

This is the first book I've read by Bricker.... or so I thought... then I realized she wrote the first Love Finds You... book I read... set in Holiday, FL. (Great book.. I reviewed it a while back.)

I read this the week of my birthday... my 49th birthday. I guess I could have saved it for next year, but I didn't want to wait.  When you look on the back cover, you see a picture of Bricker. A big smile, laughing eyes and red hair.. no doubt she has a big bubbly personality.. and it shows in her books.

Olivia hates birthdays... they often bring mishaps and even disaster.  So as the big 5-0 rapidly approaches she decides to run away.  She leaves the cold and snow of Ohio to bask in sunny Florida house and dog sitting for a friend.  Seeking peace, quiet and rest, Liv finds instead a barky little dog with a lampshade collar, a flirty old man who insists on waking her with his dawn swim, a too cute and way too young neighbor and a second chance or two she never saw coming.

Full of faith and looks within, the big 5-Oh! is a funny, entertaining tale of life at its best.... warts and all!

No comments: